Selling a home can be stressful. THE GRANDON GROUP, is Arizona's #1 Brother and Sister Real Estate Team and we are here to help. My sister and I also grew up on a ranch so we are really familiar with animals. This blog is more for the in home pet people(birds, dogs, cats, reptiles, fish and more.
Animals know when something is going on so getting ready to sell your home can be stressful to them. Keep in mind that while you might not be able to smell your pets, many others can and this can cost you THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS even in a gerat market like this. I would suggest that you have someone come over that is generally never over at your home. Ask them about pet smells. Ask you Realtor, if they can smell anything.
People are usually clean but here are a couple of suggestion that homeowners may overlook:
1. Keep your pets clean. Make sure they are bathed on a regular basis and put all wet towels in the wash when done. This will keep odors from getting trapped.
2. Make sure cat boxes, bird cage, fish tanks are cleaned weekly. Each one of these gives off odors and many times they are in a confined room so it makes it that much worse.
3. CHANGE YOUR AIR FILTERS MONTHLY. Pets smells get trapped in them
4. Make sure food bowls are cleaned daily and there is no food laying around.
5. Open windows and let the air flow thru a couple hours before a showing.
These are just a couple of suggestions from The Grandon Group. Our job is to make sure we market and present your home in the best light. We are always available. Please call STACEY at 602-312-5610 or Jason at 480-276-2954
We look forward to meeting you and your pets.
FACEBOOK @THEGRANDONGROUP @PRESCOTTLIFESTYLE